In accordance with USA PATRIOT Act Section 352 (US 31 CFR 103.137) many of the insurance carriers are now requiring that agents establish and/or maintain Anti-Money Laundering programs. Failure to do so will result in appointments being rejected by certain carriers.
What are the consequences to not having your AML completed?
- It could stop you from getting contracted by the carrier
- It could stop your business from being processed by the carrier
- It could stop your commissions from being paid
Helpful tips about the AML certification:
- All agents need to complete the base course
- The course for 2010 is called “willful Blindness”
- All agents need to complete carrier specific courses anytime a new contract is applied for
- Keep your user id and password handy for future use
- Print the screen after completion of the course to provide documentation to carriers that the course is done
- CBS does not access to verify if AML has been completed by the producer
If you have not completed Anti-Money Laundering training please go to the carrier recommended AML Training website at: